Monday, June 2, 2008

Monday




Today has been a great day. I usually don't blog on Monday, but I just had to do Jenny Muth's "Works of God Monday"!
Sometimes I don't know if a certain thing is a God thing or not, but I believe that all that I list today are. :)

1. I had a great day at work, I felt fine all day.

2. Monica (my friend from work that has FINALLY started a blog needs some blog friends... feel free to visit and comment!) wanted to go to Fralia's for lunch. I have always wanted to go there, they have fantastic sandwiches and soup. So we went, and it was delicious. I will definitely be back.

3. I came home from work and Casey had made supper, the gravy was perfect.

4. I went to the hospital to visit my sister-in-law Laurie who had her first baby on Friday. Laurie looks great and Adie is doing better, though still in the NICU for a couple more days probably. She is eating now and going potty more, when you have kids you know what a blessing this is.

5. One of my favorite patients stopped in today to drop off these 2 adorable blankets (pictured below) that she made for my baby! How sweet is that?! You might think I just clean teeth, but it goes way beyond that sometimes- I love these people!


11 comments:

chris k said...

What a great Monday. You are having an impact on the patients if they are making you blankets. They must not realize that you cheat when you guess the birth weights of new babies. They might not make the blankets for you any more. :)

Kara said...

I cheat and I still don't win. I give up.

Kentucky Kate said...

I love those kind of days. How fun!

Jenny LaBo said...

I love those blankets!!!!!
I am so glad you had a great day. What a great reminder to pay attention to what blessings God has given us?!
Thanks Kara I needed that.

Kara said...

Jen, the Raggady ann and Andy pictures are colored with Crayola crayons and then pressed to set the wax in the material, it is really cool!

Amanda Irene said...

All this on the day that i was puking my guts out! You forgot to mention you were able to give hope to a freind who thought this/that will never pass!!
What a blessing you had a good day. :) aha

Amanda Irene said...

That is soo cool!!

Jackie said...

Glad you had a great day.
How cool that your patient made you a blanket. Did you slip them an extra toothbrush on the way out?

Sometimes I can only count good half days, otherwise they would all count as crapyy days.

Kara said...

Jackie, I completely know what you are saying. Today- far cry from yesterdays awsomeness, the boys are on my LAST NERVE!!!!!!

*Monica* said...

Kara! I gave you a little gift in your op today :) You will have til Monday to get it! THanks for trying to recruit me some blog friends!

Jenny said...

Thanks for linking - it's always so great when we can focus on what God is doing, and it sure helps to know He is working in others' lives too. Thanks for sharing your blessings!!