Thursday, December 18, 2008

Getting So Big


Rachel is the easy one to Christmas shop for. All she wants to do is write, draw, and color. She came home from school today with this little notebook, and she scurried to her room to start filling it up with words. Well, not just words, but complete sentences. It really is amazing. She did a whole review of Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer tonight.


My boys are looking so grown up here. Becky is starting to weep now thinking about her own boys. Sorry, Becky. Adam is holding a little nutcracker that he got from his teacher. He really likes her, I think she "gets" him. She even brought him a bottle cap from her daughter, he was so excited.


Our neighbor Lou got us this Christmas tree with a little train that goes around and around- the kids LOVE it. They would sit and watch it for hours. I had to make them take shifts because they were fighting over who got to sit directly in front of it. I love Abby's hands here. :)

7 comments:

Amanda Irene said...

I know I was just thinking about emma when she was abbys age. awwww. Becky we'll share a box of kleenex.

How bout this show!?!

Kara said...

I LOVE the snow! That's because I don't have anywhere to go. Casey left this morning and said, "Let's pray for daddy to get to work safely." Awww!

Pam said...

That is so cute with her little chubby hands folded.
I LOVE the snow too! I can't believe the kids actually waited until 8:30 to ask if they could go out. James left this morning in my old red car. I had to call him to make sure he wasn't in a snow bank buried on the way to work.

The Speer's said...

Yes I'm very sad about the boys I will share the kleenex with you Amanda.

chris k said...

How cute is that. I love that Rachel loves to read, write and draw. Can I borrow her the next time my kids have to write in their math class?

Jackie said...

That picture of Abby is so cute. I love it that they all want to be right up close to watch the train.

Kara said...

Chris, you can borrow Rachel, but you know how shy she gets in front of people. She said she helps the other kids in her class with reading. I am so proud! She journaled about the snow and the boys being bad today.