Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's New Year's Eve. How Exciting.


Moments like this, I don't want her to go back to school next week! She keeps her room so neat and tidy. I'm glad she's not like her mother.


Let's face it, Tommy is an accident waiting to happen. I don't know if you can see it, but he has a big goose egg in the middle of his forehead. I hope he grows out of his clumsiness.


I frequently hear, "Mom! Come see what Tommy is doing!" And it always involves Anna. I don't know if he'll really be any help when she is ready for food, but it's cute that he likes to pretend.


This is how I spent my New Year's Eve before the kids went to bed. And then I spent an hour cleaning the kitchen after that. I'm glad my husband likes his job, but there's just sometimes I wish he was here.

So how are all of you spending New Year's Eve? I guess I can read your blogs and find out. :)

7 comments:

Pam said...

Your New Years actually looked really nice and relaxing. We enjoyed the Armstrong but are also enjoying doing a whole bunch of nothing today. Reading, movies and naps!

chris k said...

I read a whole book in a day. Kraig worked, came home and ate dinner, and fell fast asleep before the 8:00 mark. The boys finally began to get along, watched Get Smart and then went to bed at 10:00. So, see, your evening was about the same as everyone else's! :)

Liz K said...

I understand totally about the husband being gone. Retreats start this weekend and that means that I will get a lot of knitting done on Friday and Saturday nights because Noah will be in camp! Looks like it was a fun night anyway! I love play dough!

And by the way, I keep meaning to say thanks...but THANKS for the CD's! We listend to one of them all the way back from Grand Rapids...yep, that would be about 5 hours (with a stop for nursing) listening to the same CD...that's how much we liked it! Thanks!

Kara said...

Pam and Chris, you just made me feel much better.

Liz- you're welcome! I felt bad because I didn't know which one to get you , so I bought the double pack. :)

Phil Luter said...

We went to Cathy's mom's house to visit with her and Cathy's brother and family. We only stayed until 9:30. Then we went home where I turned on the TV and fell asleep. I did wake up momentarily at midnight and got up and went to bed. How exciting is that?

Jackie said...

Our New Years was a quiet one. Kids were in bed at 7:30, Steve and I were in bed by 10:30. We watched a movie and ate chips.

Betsy said...

We got the boys in bed around 8:00. Then Jim and I played the James Bond "Scene It" game my sister sent us for Christmas. We thought we were pretty up on all our Bond trivia--- wow were we wrong. How humbling. We also drank that bottle of ice wine Casey gave us!! Good choice Casey! That was really tasty. Thanks again! (Please note that ice wine is in small bottles)

After 2 hours or so of that, I closed my eyes and that was that. We were both asleep by 11:00. We are such party animals. ha ha

Betsy