Sunday, February 17, 2008

Impetigo?


Last night I noticed Rachel had a couple red dots near her mouth. When she woke up this morning there were a few more. Heather Munson looked at her at church this morning and said it looked like it could be impetigo. She had it when she was in high school. Impetigo can get quite gross looking, so we didn't go to church tonight for fear of spreading our plague. Adam also has a small blister by his lip.

Has anyone had impetigo? Did you take anything for it? Rachel's blisters already look better tonight, so I'm hoping it is just a very mild case and doesn't spread to the proportions that I've seen in some pictures on the internet!

9 comments:

Amanda Irene said...

I said it before and I will say it again! EEeeeee!!!

Just kidding she looks fine! I have worse ick from my eczema on my hands.

Good luck. Caseys mom might be able to help you? Caseys say he had it when he was a kid. Where Jackie? Get her in here.

Jenny LaBo said...

I just googled it. Doesn't look too bad on the site I was on. Just like a rash. The site said just to keep it covered and to use seperate towels and such.
What did you find?

Laurie said...

I always use WebMD for looking up stuff like this, here is what it says about Impetigo: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/impetigo-overview
They say treatment is applying an antibiotic cream.

Jackie said...

Although Jacob has had just about every illness I can think of, Impetigo is not one of them. But Kaitlyn does have a rash now too. Not sure what it is.

Kara said...

Well, Rachel didn't look any different this morning, so off to school she went. Nobody has anymore blisters. I read that too Jen about the towels and such.
We are just trying to keep everyone from kissing Abby!

Jenny LaBo said...

That's really hard because she has those cheeks!

Okay I am not sure if I like your new colors. I have been waiting for them to grow on me.
YOu are too bright and sunshiny and this seems to dark for you. That's just my lame opinion.

Kara said...

I think with this cold bleak winter I have been feeling a little bleak myself. I wish I knew how to design a page like Marie and Justin did. So cool.

Amanda Irene said...

where marie and justins?

Kara said...

Amanda- they are Jenny and Josh's friends (the Lyman's)