Saturday, February 23, 2008

Potty talk


Well, we are almost there! My ultimate goal was to have Tommy's potty training done before he was 3, which is in about 2 weeks. That means I had to get my rear in gear. So for most of the week he has been wearing underwear (except for bedtime and naptime) and I have been really watching him like a hawk and putting him on the potty frequently. He is very good at holding it, but it finally happened 2 days ago and now he has tinkled several times since then with just one or 2 accidents. He had a little poop accident yesterday, but since it was my birthday Casey took care of it. :) What a guy!!!
And the big milestone is that he woke up DRY this morning and went right to the toilet- without me dragging him kicking and screaming! I think he'll be wearing underwear to church tomorrow.

7 comments:

david santos said...

Excellent!
Thank you.

Kelly Glupker said...

Way to go, Tommy! So now that you're in the potty training mode, do you think you'll start working with Abby before #5 is born? Could you imagine only having one in diapers!!! :)

Jenny LaBo said...

That's wonderful Kara!!!!!

Kara said...

Thanks guys! Kelly, I don't know when I'll start training Abby, but she turns 2 in November, I'm going to start trying around then maybe? I don't think she'll put up the fight that Thomas has, but I'm definitely going to start earlier with her.

Pam said...

Yeah Tommy! Good job Kara, the less in diapers the better :)
By the way, the new background is so cute!

Amanda Irene said...

GO JOB MOM! I hope I can walk or stand up right tomorrow! I have one room painted.. ohh!

Kim said...

Congrats!!! Don't you feel a bit of relief having another one trained? The hard work (of training) is short term and definitely worth it. Way to go!!!