Friday, February 29, 2008

Well I Didn't Expect That

So we trudged off to the Dr. this morning. Abby's rash looked horrible, the people in the waiting room kept looking at her asking if she was having an allergic reaction. All I could say was, "I have no idea." Adam could barely drag himself around, but after the nurse gave him a pedialyte popsicle he seemed to perk along a little better. He even ate a little soup for lunch.

Dx: Adam and Abby both have strep. The rash is caused by the strep (not the Roseola that I had originally thought is was). Benedryl is supposed to help her itching, but it sure is hard to force the medicine in her. Abby has an ear infection in both ears. They were both put on amox. Adam had his ears flushed out, I didn't know wax could look like that. At least there was no infection in his ears.

So that's what is happening around here. I hope you are all staying healthy. I probably won't be at church Sunday which makes me sad, but I have to get my babies well again. And pray some more.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

We'll pray too. At least they won't be contagious in 24 hours, hopefully no one else will get strep. Make sure they take ALL of their antibiotic...not like mommy. :)

Amanda Irene said...

oh, poor abby she must feel like crap! Shes got multiple things oh ugg!

yes all the drugs!! just think it might stay in their system long enough to keep them from geting whats next! Oh I hope spring is next!

Jenny LaBo said...

Oh Kara that's awful!!!!

Josh said...

Amanda,
We've had spring-like weather here in AZ for a couple weeks now, and everyone is still getting sick. I hope your spring goes better than ours has.

Jackie said...

When Jacob was younger he always got rashes when he was sick. I felt so bad for him. I hope Abby starts felling better.

Amanda Irene said...

Jen
yeah all I can see is having allergies next. blah!