Monday, April 9, 2007

Deckerville- the tour


For those of you who have never been to Deckerville and might be slightly curious, or for those of you who are from Deckerville and might have missed being with Kara at Easter (Hi Jenny!)- this post is for you.



You know you've made it to Deckerville when you see the cow and horse figurines in front of the BP station.



Just for the record, never been inside.



Rachel and Adam were VERY disappointed that the fountain wasn't working.



A Rumble truck making a turn at the light. No, it wasn't Steve.


The kids know we are almost to grandma and grandpa's when we turn onto the "bumpy road"


What is that over there? Why it's the Wilson farm! Hello Terry and Helen!


Here is where I grew up. I wish I would've taken a picture of Steve's workshop, that's pretty cool. And Jenny really likes the dog, that would've been another great picture.


Now we are on our way to Steven's house (my brother). Here is a bunch of deer (or vermin as my parents call them) in Steven's oats. He says a little buck shot takes care of 'em.


Here are some of the "girls", my brother's pride and joy (other than his sweet wife Jen and the twins)


Here is Lake Huron photographed from the end of Mills road. There was even a freighter going by, but hard to see in the picture.


Now travelling up Shabbona road we come to little East Marion Baptist church. This is where Jenny, Barb and I went to church. It is also the church Casey and I got married in. Awwwwwww
Pastor Dave did a great job Easter Sunday. My favorite part of his sermon was when he talked about how every knee will bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. (Philippians) Willing or unwilling, there will be no denying it.


This is just down the road a bit from the church. It was starting to get late and Adam was in the back saying, "No more pictures! No more pictures!" So this is the end of the tour, I hope you enjoyed your ride through the country.

7 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

Kara that was awesome. Thank you so much!
It looks like winter!
More later my husband is waiting for me.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures - now I feel like I've been there!

Chris said...

I drove through Deckerville about a month ago. It really is small.

Jenny LaBo said...

Chris,
Did you eat at Champions? It is really good.
Kara you could work for Parrot tours.

Pam said...

That makes me remember when I got to get a tour from you both way back when....that was so much fun!!!

Kara said...

Pam-that was a good time! We had a couple really cute pictures from that excursion, I'll have to search for them.

Jenny LaBo said...

Pam and Kara,
That was so much fun. I am going to look for those pictures too! The swinging bridge.