Saturday, April 28, 2007

It's the Olympics- and I didn't even have to work out!


The Immanuel Olympics finally arrived. Casey and I have been looking forward to playing scrabble for weeks. When Casey and I play scrabble by ourselves it is late at night and we can polish off a whole plate of bean dip at the same time. You feel it the next day, but it is always worth it. So today the mood was a little more serious, the competition was stiff. And I am not talking about Mrs. B's new knee. Here are a few photos from the morning. Unfortunately Pam forgot her camera, so we won't see the action from the afternoon.



I'm thinking to myself, "It's a lot easier cheating at UNO..."


Our faithful scorekeeper. Isn't he cute!


"I'd rather be playing my ukelele"


I almost didn't recognize him without his vest on.


Is Chris playing ping pong or doing the robot? You decide.


"Are the sloppy joes done yet? These Veihl kids are really getting on my nerves."


Please don't tell Bev...


Pam is admiring Abby's hairdo. Jenny could do wonders with a little gel.


A wicked game of kick ball.


Hannah is running to home. She gets cuter every time I see her. Is that possible?


There's nothing tastier than an Immanuel sloppy joe. Hi Debbie- I told you you'd end up on the internet!

5 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

Kara,
That looks like a ton of fun. It is a lot easier cheating at UNO! And I am pretty sure Chris is doing the robot.

Josh said...

"Ping-pong... does... not... compute."

Kara said...

Yeah, when you cheat at uno the cards just float to the floor. But if you "drop" a tile in scrabble in makes a loud clink on the hard floor.

Phil Luter said...

Cheating?? I can't tell you how let down I am. The people I have trusted so much cheat? I'll bet you are really good at solitare. I'll keep a copy of this as an example to share with your kids. Of course if you confess your sins there is forgiveness. We are sorry that we had to miss the fun, but we had a good time at Barakel.

Kelly Glupker said...

Ben's mother is in the kitchen!?!? Some things never change . . .