Saturday, April 7, 2007

Easter at East Marion Baptist Church

I am so excited to be heading to Deckerville today! Jenny and I have fond memories of Easter Sunday... We would go to the sunrise service and breakfast, then to kill time until the 11:00 service we would either take a walk down the road to the old cemetary there, or we would go back to her house and talk about New Kids on the Block. We usually sang in the choir (we just went to practice so we could eat Elva's homemade goodies), and had a glorious time. Nobody belts out a hynm like Jenny. East Marion doesn't have a fancy "praise band", but my mom is at the organ, and Elva is at the piano, and everybody does the best they can. It's hard when the congregation has 30-40 people. Anyway, all morning I have been singing "Chris Arose" to Abby. She likes when you sing to her. Casey is irritated that I haven't packed yet, so I need to move my kiester.

But before I go.... Up From the Grave He arose!
With a mighty triumph o'er his foes,
He arose a Victor from the dark domain
and He lives forever with His saints to reign,

He arose!
He arose!
halleluja Christ arose!

6 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

I can almost hear Arnold stomping his foot to this.

Laurie said...

We will miss you Sunday.

Kara said...

Well Jenn, instead of Arnold stomping his foot, it is Joyce doing her "special music" and Eileen WITHOUT her purse- now that was a surprise. I almost didn't recognize her up there.
Laurie- we missed you too! Did you play in the band?

Jenny LaBo said...

Did she get mugged coming up the stairs? What is this wold coming too!!!

Laurie said...

I did play in the band, it was just Ethan and I. We missed the french horn.

Anonymous said...

New Kids on the Block???
Oh, my!! You know you're an 80's child when you mention NKOTB. Too funny! You were missed on sunday, along with the rest of your family. Looks like you had a great time with family, which is important. THanks for the written version of 'Christ Arose.' I can almost hear you singing it! We did do that number in church, and it is a fun one to play for. I'd like to hear a big men's choir sing the chorus....wouldn't that be cool?? Lots of deep bass voices--very nice sound.

Sarah G.