Friday, April 13, 2007

Laura Lea

I got the nicest email a couple days ago from Laura Lea Relph! They are doing well, Sahknaa is eating up kindergarten, "reading up a storm". She is very artsy and is always making things around the house. Laura Lea is volunteering at the library at the school where Dan works. He has had a "few surprises" this being his first year at the school, but he is setting some standards and isn't taking guff . They are hoping and praying next year runs a little more smoothly.
Laura Lea (whom I just adore) is coming along physically. Here is a paragraph from the email, I thought I would share it with you all-
"Lately the Lord has encouraged me to just thank Him for the illness, and what it continues to teach me. It's not
something I asked for, but He is definitely using it to draw me to Him in faithful ways. It's easy for me to be
independant... and in the process draw away from Him. He knew I would need that extra encouragement to
stay near! And rejoice in the process!"
I was just getting to know Laura Lea better when they announced they were moving. I was bummed because all in one summer I felt like I was "losing" Jenny, Robyn, and Laura Lea. But I know now that that's not true, and it doesn't matter where they are. We are sisters in Christ, and nothing can break our bond!

2 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

So true Kara. Miles are just miles. We are always going to be the best of friends.

Anonymous said...

Kara,

Do you have Laura Lea's address that you could send me? I'd like to drop her a line. Thanks
Sarah