Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Big Date


Well here we are (in Cheboygan), on our big date! The plan was to eat at Dairy Queen, and then see Spider Man 3. Let me tell you, the burgers were to die for, and the movie was great! We had a few little pitstops along the way...


Here is Casey by the river. We had fun watching the fish, there were some big ones!


Since it was Memorial Day, I wanted my picture taken in the patriotic gazebo. God bless our troops.


Before we headed to the movie we drove down by the water. I thought the coast guard boat was cool. It was much more impressive in real life.


Just to humor me, we stopped to look at flowers. I don't dream of being in Victoria's Secret, I dream of being on Burpee's seed catalog.


We weren't quite ready to go back to the house, so we stopped at a garage sale , then we took a little detour down a dirt road. It was just farm land with lots of cows. To me, this was a perfect ending to a perfect date. I am thankful to God for my husband and how much fun we have together!

10 comments:

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

sounds like and looks like you had a great time !!! where were the pics taken and who watched your kidos ? how nice of them whom ever it was :)

Kara said...

We spent the weekend with Casey's parents. Grandma was more than happy to take them off our hands for a few hours!

Pam said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. I'm sure Maude had a great time too. By the way, you would make a beautiful Burpee covergirl :)

Phil Luter said...

That was cute Pam. I wonder what Casey's thoughts are on this!? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that was Cathy who made that comment!

Kara said...

Do you really want to know what my husband said?? He said, " I was more thinking a Burpee centerfold..."

Anonymous said...

Yep! I knew it!
You are too funny, Kara!

Pam said...

I knew it too! I was around in the early years of your marriage, and you guys, thank goodness, haven't changed :)

Jenny LaBo said...

Kara,
What a great day!!!! I am so glad you guys had fun!

Laurie said...

Kara, I'm glad you guys had a nice date. It was nice to have everyone up there together. Can't wait for Labor day, Sarah and Kyle will be back too. :)