Monday, May 21, 2007

It Hurts

So I went over to Heather Hartwick's tonight. She put her whole heart into trying to get me straightened out. It was painful. I won't lie. Her daughter Sam would sit inches from my face and watch my expressions. "Oh mom that one really hurt her." I have given birth 4 times without any pain meds, but I just can't take back pain. I am now walking upright, so that is good. She said we might have to do it again tomorrow. I'll pray that I stay "at my center" and not start leaning again. Casey ran to the store to get me a heating pad. When you are young you step out for ice cream.. when you're old you go out for a heating pad.

6 comments:

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Oh I feel your pain, when i tore my lower back muscles and was in bed for 2 wks. oh i can remember it now and my back isnt the same, will pray for quick recovery !!!

Laurie said...

If you need help with anything, you know where to find me. :) Feel better.

Pam said...

Back pain is the worst! Hey, I'm coming to Saginaw today. I'll probably be there at the end of MOPS. I have your flowers, so if you see my red car find me :) Otherwise I'll have Mom drop them off.

Kelly Glupker said...

I feel sorry for you - as if that helps. :)Back pain runs in my family. There were many times when my dad and sister couldn't even get out of bed. When I was about 9 weeks pregnant I had terrible pain for about a week. I could hardly walk. I even cried - which is not like me. I sure hope you feel better soon!
Sure makes us thankful for the health we all have!

Jenny LaBo said...

I hope today finds you feeling better!

Kara said...

I am feeling better today! Still walking slowly, but I'm upright. I find myself wanting to lean to the right, but Heather showed me how I'm supposed to be, so I have to make a conscious effort to straighten up.
Thanks Laurie, you know I'd call you if I needed to.
Thanks to all of you for your prayers and concern!