Thursday, May 24, 2007

I've been tagged

I really consider myself to be quite boring. I feel like everybody knows everything about me (or at least Jenny LaBo does), but I'll try to come up with some random facts.

1. The first movie I ever saw at the theater was "Lady and the Tramp".

2. For kindergarten graduation I was a narrator for our play "The Three Little Pigs". I had it all memorized, but when speaking in front of the crowd I forgot the next lines. So I just repeated what i already said. I thought it was better than awkward silence.

3. Growing up I always thought I would have 2 children.

4. When playing in the hay mow at my grandma Decker's, my cousin Lane pushed a hay bale on my head and I thought he could've killed me.

5. When toilet papering Pastor Ray's house (in the dark of course) I tripped and landed on top of a big stone that was in the front yard. It knocked the wind out of me so hard I thought I was going to die (again). And everyone stood there laughing at me, including Jenny LaBo.

6. Recovering from hernia surgery is worse than giving birth (in my opinion)

7. When we were young my mom would take us every summer to visit her friend Penny who lived in Fergus, Ontario. One of the most beautiful places I've been is the Elora Gorge, which is nearby.

8. I spent the first 4 years of my life in a trailor with a leaky roof. I remember one time in particular after it rained really hard and the carpet was soaked i put on my little red rubber boots to help my mom and dad with the mess. Dad yelled at me to go back to my room. I was crushed, I just wanted to help. I must've been 3.

I think most of my friends have been tagged already, so I will look forward to reading their lists!

3 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Your story about when you were three is so sweet and so sad. I remember once being told I didn't do a good job on my own hair when I thought I had done a GREAT job. It's a reminder to me that sometimes we need to look at situations through the eyes of a child.

Kara said...

I totally agree, and I still forget that with my own kids. I need to work on that.

Jenny LaBo said...

#5
In my defense I thought she was just laughing really hard.