Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Day of Doctor Appointments

I have been feeling uninspired at blogging lately, but today has went smoothly so far, so I guess I'll blog about that.
I had a dr. appointment today, it was time for the one hour sugar test. I was happy that they had orange for me to drink, it is tough to gag down a glass of that stuff regardless of the flavor. My doctor that I see regularly has never delivered one of my children, so he is hoping he is actually working at the hospital the day I have this baby. I hope he's there, too. It won't be hunting season, so the odds are better this time (Abby was born in November).

Rachel (6 yrs) and Abby (18 mo.) had check-ups this morning, too. Casey said the dr. was impressed with Rachel, she is in the 75th percentile for height and weight. Abby had to have one shot. She was fast asleep when they got home, so hopefully she'll sleep all afternoon. One Abby highlight from this week- her fascination with the potty. She squeezed out a little poop 2 days in a row now, but the pessimist in me says this is not the real deal, but I guess you have to start somewhere, right?

So that's about it here. We are just anxiously awaiting the arrival of our first niece within the next week or so! Come on Laurie! We are praying for you! Last night Casey and I were sitting around guessing baby girl's weight, Casey guesses 8 pounds even. I am guessing 6 lbs. 14 oz. I'm always off in my guessing, even with my own kids.

11 comments:

Laurie said...

I was just praying last night that your sugar test will come back good. Maybe your doctor will be on call and deliver my baby. he he Actually I really like the midwives.

I will guess our baby at 7lbs 9oz. Last night was a full moon, and still nothing! I think she will wait another week or so. :( I have a dr. appt. tomorrow, we'll see what they say.

Jenny LaBo said...

I was going to guess 7.5.

Amanda Irene said...

Thats great about abby and rachel too. Andrew is not doing so hot on the potty thing. He keeps peeing in his underware like the minute I look away. He hates to be wet in his diaper now. He says change me! I have to have it done by August!!! I think that if she sits up there thats wonderful at least she is not afraid of it or anything! It probably is to early. I just don't see how they have the awareness to potty train that early. Maybe though!! Glad to hear so far sooo good.

Kara said...

Laurie, when's the next full moon? With Abby the hospital was super busy, women coming in screaming left and right. It was crazy.

Jenny, I'll send you something if you win.

A- TOmmy is still wetting a tad in his underwear, very annoying, we have good days and bad.

Pam said...

I love guessing games. Jen Meisel guessed Evan's weight right. I guess.....7lbs 1oz.

The Speer's said...

Kara I hate to brag but he was my doctor for only one kid and Dr. Hines was there for the delivery :) Good news on the girls I hear its easier to potty train girls than boys.

chris k said...

You all are so optimistic!! I am guessing 9lbs 2oz. for the Bennett baby. :)

Chris said...

I guess 7 lbs 4 oz.

The Speer's said...

Oh by the way my guess is 8lbs 4oz.

Laurie said...

Chris k, that's not even funny! I expect she will probably be over 8lbs, and that she will be late. :(

amber said...

I'm impressed with Abby! I was thinking I had a while to go before I had to start training Reese, but it will be here way too soon! Jackson was so easy to train - I'll probably have it double hard with Reese!