Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



I am going to my parents to spend the night tonight, Casey has to work tonight and tomorrow. I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend! In honor of Mother's Day, here are some things that I have learned from mine...

*You don't buy cereal when sugar is first on the ingredients label. I did this last week and still feel guilty to this day.

* Unless you are on your deathbed, you will be in church every Sunday.

* Be content at home.

* Reading is more exciting than television.

* Don't go to bed with a mess in the kitchen. I violate this at times, too.

* Work hard, it will pay off.

* Love your neighbors.

THere are a bunch more, but I have to finish packing, so bye for now!

4 comments:

The Johnston's said...

Happy Mothers Day to you too Kara.

Kyle and I might go to Old Mill Creek up in Mackinaw City. It only cost .50 to get in this weekend. If we don't do that then we are going to be painting our bed room. I will post pic.

The Speer's said...

Happy Mothers Day!!! I hope you have an enjoyable day.

amber said...

Have fun with your family! Jackson's introduction to the three-year-old class went quite badly since Tommy and Adam weren't there today! My silly boy!

Kara said...

Amber, I was thinking about that this weekend, I was sure he would do just fine. We'll all be back next week, life as usual. :)

Sarah- I'll have to check your blog next to see if you posted anything new, I would love to paint our bedroom, too. Do you remember us all going to mill creek when Casey and I were first married? I really enjoyed it.