Saturday, January 3, 2009

Aunt Val

I talked to Laurie today. The doctors have decided to do a trach since this is most likely going to be long term. Her surgery for that will be on Monday. I pray that she will be more comfortable with that than with all the tubes coming and going from her mouth. I still haven't seen her, hopefully this week I will get up there. Laurie is amazed at all the visitors Val has had, everyone has really shown an outpouring of love.

A couple days ago they had backed down on her sedatives, and she was much more alert yesterday. However, Val had quite a full day today with getting her hair washed and that sort of thing and they ended up upping her meds again.

So that's today's news. I was designated by Laurie to keep everybody up to date, so there are some new visitors to my blog. Welcome. I will post away as I get news. Keep praying that everyone's faith will remain strong, this is a long hard road. God has a plan and we have no clue what that would be right now. We love you all.

10 comments:

Laurie said...

I also started a care page with St. Mary's to give updates. Anyone interested just needs to contact us with an email address so we can send an invite.

Laura M said...

I am a college friend of Val's. She has been such a dear friend to me over the last 20 years! We are all (her college girlfriends) praying for a miracle. Let's remember to uphold the family in prayer too, especially big sister, Marcia. She is doing such a good job watching over Valerie. Thanks for this blog to help us stay updated.

Unknown said...

Hi, I would like to be added to the care page. Email address mommieof3@gmail.com

Michelle D said...

I have been friends with Valerie since we met in college. She was in my wedding and we've shared so much over the years. She's always been such a strong person. I am praying for a miracle. I did a little research online about brain stem strokes. Check out the following link - and let this story of recovery inspire us all that there is hope for Valerie. Also, please add me to the mailing list for carepage access. My address is michelledawson@hotmail.com
http://www.katesjourney.com/index.html

Anonymous said...

Add us, too.

beagle99@al-ellen.com

Al and Ellen Lane
Fayetteville, GA

Laurie said...

Tathia, how do you know Valerie?

Laura M said...

Please add me to the care page too!
Laura
carryp@peoplepc.com

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs to have someone like Val in their life but all are not as fortunate as us. Val calls us Mom and Dad when she drops in to visit when she is in town visiting our daughter Dawn and her family. Val is in our thoughts and prayers along with her family. Please add our email address for the Care Pages, jcmc@pathwaynet.com Thank you Lara for your blogspot too.

Anonymous said...

Please add me (April Yeager) to the care page Aprila17@att.net. Valerie and I became friends at Spring Arbor. She was the go to girl for so many of us. Val and her family are so way in my thoughts and always in my heart. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie, I'M actually doing the updates for my mom June she works with Val in Hillman.She came down on Saturday and someone gave her your email address for updates.