Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sickness and More Soup


Oh that's better, we have happy faces again. Well, minus Adam...


My poor Buddy came home from school sick yesterday. He was really warm, achey, and tired. And no appetite- he has no fat to spare so as a mother I always worry. He wanted to be by me, but I had stuff to do in the kitchen, so he got his pillow and fell fast asleep on the cold floor behind me. He stayed home today and slept off and on again.


Here is today's lunch- Zuppa Tuscana and soft homemade bread sticks. This is one of Maude's favorites. It wasn't as fantastic as Olive Garden's, but she would never tell me that. :)

5 comments:

Amanda Irene said...

hahah. mmmm. You know I live close enough to just run righ over for some of this good stuff! Be careful!

Hope adam is up and around today!

Pam said...

Oh boy, sick kids are no fun! Evan and I both have colds. Boo!

i really really want that recipe. Is it TOH? James always gets that soup at Olive Garden and it is SO Good!!
Yours looks delicious and I'm sure Maude enjoyed every bite.

Kara said...

Yes, Adam is up and around today. He ate a couple bites of oatmeal, so I am happy about that. I did keep him home again, I don't know if he has the energy for a full day of school yet.

Pam- I googled copycat recipes, Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana, and this is what I found. It didn't have enough potatoes in it, so I cooked some more and dumped them in!

Jackie said...

I love Zuppa Tuscana soup from Olive Garden. I have a recipe for it too - love it! Sorry Adam is sick. Kaitlyn has something now too. The picture of him asleep on the floor is sweet.

krissy said...

mmmm. soup is one of my favorites. I'll look that one up!