Monday, July 28, 2008

Jackie- this is for you

As you can tell, not much going on around here. I love my Mondays at work, but last week was my last one until after the baby comes. Jackie, you are right, I usually go early, and I find it weird that baby #5 is going to be the one to hang on the longest.
Here is a bit of my baby history in order-

Rachel- 8 weeks early, 4lbs 4 oz.
Adam- 5 weeks early, 6 lbs. 3 oz.
Thomas- 3 weeks early, 7 lbs. 10 oz.
Abby- 2 weeks early, 7 lbs. 12 oz.

So here we are less than 2 weeks to go now! I have definitely been feeling more pressure the past couple days, but I felt that way for weeks with Abby. So who knows. God knows and I am trying to not be anxious. It is so hard when you are so ready to see that little face looking up at you... oh now I'm feeling sappy. I need to go to bed now. Goodnight.

9 comments:

Jackie said...

Thanks Kara! I just love babies and can't wait for yours to get here. If I am this anxious, I can't imagine how you are. It looks like they all held on a little longer than the one before. Maybe this one will come on her exact due date?

The Talberts said...

Funny that they have all hung on a little longer.

I've been feeling a lot of pressure too. I asked my ob and he said, "Well .. this is your third baby. Your muscles just aren't what they used to be." Thanks, Doc.

I'm feeling super mushy, too. Also not looking forward to having that jiggly Santa Claus belly again.

Jenny said...

Well, bummer. I guess my guess was wrong about your baby coming yesterday. Maybe she'll come tomorrow and I can wave at the hospital on my way to the doctor...or maybe she just wants to share a birthday with Aaron or with me. :-) That would still be this week! Hang in there, Kara!!!

Kentucky Kate said...

That's a really interesting history. Mine have been that way too, but since I only have two, I don't think I can really call it a trend yet.

I'm sure it will be soon. It feels neverending though, especially since you keep going longer and longer. I remember the feeling, but you are more of a trooper than I am ;)

chris k said...

Kara, if you would have just listened and ate that extra slice of blueberry pie on Sunday night, you would have gone. Maybe that blueberry pie should be eaten tonight. July 30 would be a good time to have her too. A blueberry colonic episode, wouldn't that be great? :)

The Speer's said...

All three of the boys came before there due date not as early as yours but I never had to wait till my due date. Richard was 6 days early. Kyle was 2 weeks early. and Trevor was one week early. If you went any longer with the last three they would of been huge. Hang in there.

Jen said...

How exciting! And don't worry - it's ok to be sappy! :)

Kim said...

Hang in there! After this baby arrives it will be hard to remember life without her (or these miserable, final, waiting days). My delivery history is somewhat like yours, except that it starts with a week PAST my due date and gets further and further. I keep watching and waiting for the big news, anxious to hear your baby girl's name.

The Johnston's said...

Depending on when we leave on Thursday Kyle,Liam and I might stop bye.