Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Last Few Days in Pictures


Adam and Abby enjoying a moment together


This is my giant out -of-place lily. The kids get a kick out of it. It will be moved next year.


The kids like to take all their toys and line them up to play "train", or arrange them in a circle to play "park". I'm so thankful for a fenced private backyard. There are days it looks like Sanford and son live here.


This lily popped open yesterday, I was happy to see one that wasn't pink.


Adam found a "HUGE!" beetle today. It was well over an inch long (which is big for us). We quickly fetched the bug field guide to try and figure out what it was.
The feet next to Adam belong to Jesse. He was in Rachel's class and he lives around the corner. He rides his bike over several times a day.


"Summer lovin', had me a blast. Summer lovin', happened so fast..."


Here he is- the stag beetle. Sorry Cathy, it was imperative to the story that you see him up close.


We pretty much live on the screened in porch in the summer. Here they are playing train again (and yes, that's Jesse again).

16 comments:

The Talberts said...

Don't you love summer with kids!? They require very little clothing. Messes don't matter much outside. They have great toys - the ones from nature! And it's the only time of year that the toys sort of stay picked up (for us, anyway).
Pretty lily.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

That's ok Kara. I just move quickly by the pictures - bugs are a part of kids lives, I know. I must get use to it again.
Bring "the bugs" on!!
~Cath

TraceyLD said...

I want to come over! I love to sit in your back yard and watch the kids play. Can I have a glass of Water?
I'm going to try to stop in soon to see your flowers and let the kids play.

Josh said...

Good grief! Now there are five of them?

Jenny LaBo said...

hmmm We have a bug that is not in our bug book, maybe I will take a picture of it and see if Adam can identify it. :)
Oh and like mother like daughter. Boys hanging around already.

The Speer's said...

I love summer I wish it lasted longer. I also loved summer love I had a boy that lived down the road from my dads house and I hung out down there all summer it was great. It looks like the kids have alot of fun.

Kara said...

Tracey, stop in any time- the water will be waiting for you!

Jenny, this isn't the boy I'd pick for her, but we are hoping to be a good influence on him. :) It's too bad I'm so grumpy all the time, I keep telling him when the baby comes out I'll be nicer.

Jenny said...

I can't get over the size of that giant pink lily! Whoa - what do you feed it?

I just read the comments, too, and am laughing so hard at the "I'll be nicer when the baby comes out" comment. I've been thinking Aaron better enjoy his semi-rested mother now 'cause watch out for sleep deprived me!!

Pam said...

I love that little tiny Abby is in the biggest chair.
We have a kid that is always at our house too, Andrew. I'm hoping the kids will be a good infulence on him. So far I have sent him home 3 times for misbehaving. I'm so mean.

Kara said...

Oh Jenny M., yes sleep deprivation can get the best of me too with a newborn. Right now my bladder is just so uncomfortable that if I have to get out of my lawn chair to reprimand someone it really makes me... irritated.
And the lily, well, it's just a freak of nature.

Pam, Casey can only stand Jesse for about 1/2 hour increments, I let him stay for 2 hours yesterday though, they were being good with the bug.

Kelly Glupker said...

Kara, I know I say this all the time, but you really do make me laugh! I especially like your caption about "summer lovin'"

Kentucky Kate said...

I love Adam's fascination with bugs and his field guide.

Amanda Irene said...

summer lovin.... heheh

crazy lilly. I have some short ones and some tall ones. Ya just never know. Its really pretty. The orange one is nice too!

The Johnston's said...

It is nice that you can get all four of them in a picture together.

Jen said...

I love the orange Lilly!! I need to bring you to my house I kill everything I plant! LOL!!