Thursday, July 17, 2008

Not any time soon

So I had my check up today- I'll be 37 weeks on Saturday. She did the beta strep test, then checked to see if I was dilated at all. I am not dilated in the least! Baby's head is way in front of my cervix and down really low and there is just no room for my bladder, which I have complained about before. But at least she is head down and ready to go. So now I wait patiently and know that God's timing is perfect. Thomas came at 37 weeks and weighed 7 lbs 10 oz, so if I go to 40 weeks it does make me slightly nervous that she'll be huge. But I'm sure she won't be, I'm still walking around better than when I was carrying Abby. She made it to 38 wks and that's the closest I've ever come to my due date. It's just fun for me to imagine who she's going to look like and if she'll be laid back like the other girls. I hope so. :)

11 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

That's great news, right? At least you can still walk around. Hang in there you are a great mom. I can hardly wait to see her!
Here is my name guess.
Lemon Meriange.

The Talberts said...

That's great! I got checked too at my last appointment. No dilation here, either. Also .. every time I've had that Group B Strep test, I've started laughing to the point of them having to wait to finish it. So embarrassing.

Kara said...

Jenny, that goes along with Rachel's guess for Abby: Strawberry Shortcake.

Melissa, that's just funny.

Jenny said...

I'm looking at your pregnancy ticker and seeing "23 days left to go" and thinking, WHOA that doesn't sound like that long! (47 for me!) I hope for your bladder's sake that you don't have even that much time left.

My guess on baby's arrival is July 28 and as far as weight goes, I think maybe 8lbs 3 oz. (although I hope not for your sake)

And of course you will name her something just perfect for her. I did get a kick out of Lemon Meriange...

Amanda Irene said...

yep I was checking to see, no water rushing yet?!? You'll dialate in an hour though! Cant wait I preped your meal today. mmm it smelled soo good.

Pam said...

I think you'll go all 40 weeks. It's not so bad. You'll have a nice big squeezable baby :) Is that a word?

Kara said...

Jenny, I think the same thing when I see "23 days to go...", this has went really fast for me!

Amanda, I'm sure whatever you made is delicious! I can't wait to eat it!

Pam, I totally think squeezable is a word!

the johnson crew said...

that reminds me of how thankful i am that my bladder is back to holding it's full capacity!

wow, your baby is coming soon! yay!

Jackie said...

I was not dialted and showed no signs of labor less than 12 hours before I went into labor with Jacob. So it could be soon - yahoo!

Kara said...

Oh Jackie, don't make me nervous! After my appointment I just assume I have a few weeks to go, but you are right, you never know!

Kentucky Kate said...

You have such a great attitude! I have to say I'm super impressed. Here's me at 36 weeeks:
http://kentuckykate.blogspot.com/2007/09/hormonal.html